Friday, October 1, 2010

Memoirs of my Thai Student

For most of my close peers, would know that recently I have become a tutor or more common known as tuition teacher( said with a Chinese slang) and for those who don’t, well here’s the news update.
As anyone in various position would have, a memorable person or moment at respective occupation, mine would be having a student such as Poy.

Poy is a student of mine from Thailand who came here for a short term visit, to stay in Penang and learn English. Long story short she found me. And my task? To teach her to speak English from scratch(LITERALLY,NOT A SINGLE WORD besides the ahhhh nod nod) within 3 months was rather a suicidal task for anyone I would say. Which I succeeded in a month’s time. Not being proud, alright maybe just a sprinkle of pride but it was the most satisfying experience I would ever have.

My class consisted of 4 times a weeks of tutoring, 3 days studying of language and the latter of 1 visiting Penang and learning from experience through sight.   

Alright ,I’m getting to the food part. Her mum is this amazing Lady who cooks amazing Thai food.
Everyday I get to have breakfast which is anything she can buy from the store, and when it’s lunch time I get home cook Thai Food! Not forgetting to mention, I get to tah pau home!(come one only 1% of parents would be kind enough to the tuition teacher ok…) She also could include teaching me how to cook certain dish..which completely slipped off my mind..Hey am confuse with the ingredient but I was quick witted enough to write on my notepad in my very cakar ayam writing.
So here are some of the pics!























No comments:

Post a Comment